Direct Bonding – Chesterfield, MO
Improve Your Confidence with an Attractive Smile
Do you hide behind an imperfect smile? Whether from genetics, trauma, or poor oral hygiene habits, you do not need to live with an unattractive smile. Now, you can enjoy a drastic improvement in the appearance of your teeth using a minimally invasive treatment. Direct bonding is a preferred choice for cosmetic dentistry in Chesterfield because it is an affordable and effective solution. Dr. Jeff Yenzer will give you the smile of your dreams in as little as one appointment.
What is Direct Bonding?
Direct bonding is also known as composite or cosmetic bonding. It is a simple procedure that uses a moldable resin material to improve the color, size, shape, or proportion of a tooth. It is customized to match your enamel to blend in with your teeth, so no one will know it is there. Unlike veneers and other treatments, you will not need to permanently alter your teeth to enjoy noticeable, natural-looking results. As a result, you will have a minimally invasive option with results in as little as one day.
What Can Direct Bonding Fix?
Your dentist in Chesterfield, Dr. Yenzer can use direct bonding to resolve a variety of issues causing you to feel insecure about the appearance of your teeth, such as:
- Repairing tooth decay without metal fillings.
- Cover dark tooth discoloration or stains.
- Make shorter than average teeth look longer.
- Fix chips or cracks.
- Cover exposed tooth roots from a receding gum line.
- Close gaps between teeth.
- Make your teeth appear straighter by covering minor alignment issues.
What is the Procedure Like?
If you are looking for a quick, minimally invasive solution to enhance your smile, cosmetic bonding may be the right choice for you. Dr. Yenzer will evaluate your oral health and discuss your desired results to create a customized treatment plan before scheduling you for your procedure.
You can expect your treatment to take 30 to 60 minutes depending on how many teeth are being treated. In some cases, we may recommend multiple appointments if you are improving several teeth.
Dr. Yenzer cleans your teeth and determines the ideal shade for your resin using a color guide. He applies a weak acid to the teeth you are treating to open the pores in your enamel and dentin. This is an important step to create a secure bond between the resin and your teeth. After the acid is rinsed from your teeth, Dr. Yenzer applies the resin and sculpts it into the desired appearance. He uses a special light to quickly harden it before smoothing and polishing it.
How Long Will It Last?
Cosmetic bonding can last for an average of 10 years before needing to be replaced. You can promote its longevity by:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste to brush your teeth twice a day.
- Floss every night before bed.
- Do not use your teeth as tools.
- Do not chew on inedible objects.
- Do not bite into overly hard foods.
- Avoid stain-causing foods and drinks.
- Wear an athletic mouthguard if playing sports.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for a cleaning and checkup.
Schedule an Appointment
You can invest in a confident future by achieving the smile of your dreams. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation for direct bonding.